Dress Code: Business Professional
Location: UIC Forum
Open to undergraduate business majors in Finance, Entrepreneurship, Information Systems, Management and Marketing all class levels, for candidates seeking both internship and entry level opportunities.
Here are some helpful tips on preparing for the career fair:
- Research the companies and apply for open positions on UICCareers.com.
- Make sure you are dressed business professional, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Bring plenty of resumes, and then some. If you plan on speaking with 10 employers, bring 20 resumes.
- Treat each interaction as an interview. As soon as you start speaking with a recruiter they are trying to determine if you are a potential candidate for their company. This is where your elevator pitch is used and you can show a little personality here.
- Always make sure to thank the recruiter for speaking with you and get their contact information. Send them a follow-up email thanking them for their time and reiterating your interest in their company.